There are many different opinions about Valentine’s Day. Some people see it as a day to pamper your significant other, others are just waiting until the day after for a sweet sale on candies and chocolates. Some argue that Valentine’s Day is tacky. They say the pink and the red and the roses do nothing more than make them roll their eyes. But when it comes down to it, Valentine’s Day is a time to show your loved ones how much you really appreciate them. In this day and age, it is so easy to get caught up in the daily grind and it is nice to be reminded that you truly are loved and you do matter to others. No matter how you choose to show your love, here are some great ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
Make Valentine’s Day a “You” day
- Valentine’s Day may seem like “Lonely Singles’ Day” if you are currently without a significant other. But it doesn’t have to be! Valentine’s is a time for love and maybe this year that can mean love for yourself! Self-care is so, so important. Take a day to pamper yourself any day: take yourself out to your favorite restaurant, go for a walk on the beach, set aside time to do a yoga class, have a spa day for yourself (Purely You Spa is offering many specials and packages this month. Come in for a day of ultimate relaxation!)
Celebrate GALentine’s Day!
- Have you heard of GALentine’s Day? This is also a good time to remember that love doesn’t just have to be romantic. Spend the day to truly just show an appreciation for all the other strong, beautiful women in your life. Get together and celebrate to show them that no matter what happens, you will always have each other.
Have an “Alternative” Valentine’s Day
- Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be all hearts and roses. If you and your significant other both have a good sense of humor, consider doing a Valentine’s Day with quirky replacements for traditions. Ideas: give a bouquet of broccoli, go on a date and try to make each other laugh (the one who loses and laughs first has to pay), give a box of chocolates that is actually full of carrots. Do little things that you two enjoy. Not everyone enjoys a candle-lit dinner. Maybe you two can just share a smoothie and go for a walk through your neighborhood. The goal is to spend time with each other without judgement and without feeling the need to go over-the-top.
Buy Experiences, not Things
- Men and women have different ideas when it comes to showing appreciation for each other. Sometimes buying nice jewelry, cologne, purses, or clothing isn’t what the other person had in mind. The thought and the love is there but at the end of the day, it’s just stuff. We are sure it is a possibility that many couples have this problem. Material things are nice, but they are a bit like a sugar-high: they don’t last very long and usually are not as good as something a little more wholesome. A new idea would be to give the gift of an experience together rather than a material item. You could spend time together for a day at Disney, have a painting class together, or take a tour of a winery… all things that have no material value, but will last a lifetime in your memories and in your heart. Your love doesn’t have to be shown in the form of a ring or a necklace or even a bouquet of flowers. It can be shown simply by just being with each other.
- Love can be shown in so many different ways. This Valentine’s Day, show your love by giving back to your community. Visit the Humane Society, donate to your local woman’s shelter, pick a day and help out with Habitat for Humanity. There are so many different opportunities for you to feel the real, authentic happiness that comes with giving back. Spend time with those who need a little extra love this month.
The team here at Purely You Spa wants to assist you in planning an amazing experience for you and your loved one. We have so many options to customize the perfect experience. Take a look at some ideas in our Valentine’s flyer. Schedule one of our monthly specials like the Love Birds Getaway for Two which features a luxurious ninety-minute couples massage, aromatherapy, chocolate, and organic fruit and wine. Other options are our Be My Valentine Pure Escape package which features a massage, body scrub, aromatherapy, Organic Facial, and more.
Make this Valentine’s Day one that you and your loved ones will remember for years to come. The number one thing to remember is to do the holiday your way. There is no right or wrong way to celebrate. Just spread the love and feel the love!