We’re edging our way into Spring and everything seems to be coming up green – the plants are beginning to bloom, St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner and it’s National Nutrition Month!
Spring is about casting off the heaviness of winter and embracing the new waiting to emerge within and around us. You can maximize these seasonal changes by shedding the old and planting something new in your life:
- Go through your closets and donate items that no longer fit, are out of style or you just haven’t worn in 6 or more months.
- Sort through your cupboards/refrigerator and toss out expired items and junk food. Start Spring fresh with seasonal fruits and veggies and feel your body lighten up naturally.
- Add some green both to your plate and home. Greens detox the body and provide power-house nutrients to recharge cells. Kale, spinach, cabbage (in keeping with St. Patty’s Day), brussel sprouts and collards are few to ease into your diet through soups and salads. For the home, select plants that not only are beautiful, but help filter the toxins in the air – Areca Palm, Bamboo Palm, Boston Fern, Dracaena Janet Graig, Dwarf Date Palm, English Ivy, Ficus Alii, Lady Palm, Peace Lily and, the “fav” among researchers, the Rubber Plant.
- Get moving! Go outside and enjoy the lovely weather while you can – walk the dog, jog with a neighbor, ride bikes with your kids. Even 20 minutes a day starts a habit that will benefit your mind, body and spirit!
- Schedule some “me time.” Whether that’s sitting on the patio reading a book, luxuriating in the tub, or pampering yourself with a massage or facial – these precious moments will help rejuvenate your body and refresh your mind.
- Green Tea: Instead of reaching for green beer this Saint Patrick’s Day, nourish your body with green tea! Green tea has multiple health benefits that can make you look and feel fantastic. Green tea has been thought to promote longevity, aid in heart problems, support healthier metabolism and immune systems, promote younger looking and healthier skin, increase blood flow, and increase energy. While green tea itself may not help you lose weight, its use as a substitute for higher-calorie drinks will have your body thanking you! At Purely You Spa, we have fallen in love with PURE Inventions Antioxidant Green Tea which contains no sugar, calories, caffeine, sodium, gluten, stimulants, artificial colors, or artificial sweeteners. Consider swapping your next sugary beverage (or St. Patty’s Day beer) for green tea that your body will crave.
This is the perfect time of year to try our Ageless Beauty Facial – a highly relaxing, anti-aging facial for all skin types that is customized for your skin. Mild and tranquil exfoliating reveals timeless, radiant skin!
And, be sure to celebrate all life’s joys, naturally – including St. Patrick’s Day!
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May a rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the rain fall softly upon your fields. And the sun shine warm upon your face.