Purely You Spa, Naples’ only all-organic spa, is offering yoga classes focused specifically on core strengthening and alleviating back pain on Saturday, August 29 at 8:30 a.m. and Friday, September 18 at 7 p.m.“As we age, the core muscles naturally weaken which puts extra weight on the spinal vertebrae and the muscles in the back. The result of this weakening may induce lower back pain and degenerate discs. Strengthening our core muscles helps create greater structural balance and prevents back pain.” Jennifer Alvarez Linguidi, Purely You Spa Director, said.Purely You Spa, Laura Grabinski, Expert Yoga Instructor will lead the group through a series of postures to strengthen the core and back, improve posture and balance, and calm the mind. All attendees will be able to enjoy complimentary aromatherapy and will receive a $50.00 gift certificate towards their 1st “private” yoga session at PYS.The fee for each summer “group” class is $18 and includes antioxidant green tea and organic fruit. The class is free for Purely You Spa Members. Purely You Spa is located at 3066 Tamiami Trail N. Suite 302 in Naples.
We’re edging our way into Spring and everything seems to be coming up green – the plants are beginning to bloom, St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner and it’s National Nutrition Month!
Spring is about casting off the heaviness of winter and embracing the new waiting to emerge within and around us. You can maximize these seasonal changes by shedding the old and planting something new in your life:
- Go through your closets and donate items that no longer fit, are out of style or you just haven’t worn in 6 or more months.
- Sort through your cupboards/refrigerator and toss out expired items and junk food. Start Spring fresh with seasonal fruits and veggies and feel your body lighten up naturally.
- Add some green both to your plate and home. Greens detox the body and provide power-house nutrients to recharge cells. Kale, spinach, cabbage (in keeping with St. Patty’s Day), brussel sprouts and collards are few to ease into your diet through soups and salads. For the home, select plants that not only are beautiful, but help filter the toxins in the air – Areca Palm, Bamboo Palm, Boston Fern, Dracaena Janet Graig, Dwarf Date Palm, English Ivy, Ficus Alii, Lady Palm, Peace Lily and, the “fav” among researchers, the Rubber Plant.
- Get moving! Go outside and enjoy the lovely weather while you can – walk the dog, jog with a neighbor, ride bikes with your kids. Even 20 minutes a day starts a habit that will benefit your mind, body and spirit!
- Schedule some “me time.” Whether that’s sitting on the patio reading a book, luxuriating in the tub, or pampering yourself with a massage or facial – these precious moments will help rejuvenate your body and refresh your mind.
- Green Tea: Instead of reaching for green beer this Saint Patrick’s Day, nourish your body with green tea! Green tea has multiple health benefits that can make you look and feel fantastic. Green tea has been thought to promote longevity, aid in heart problems, support healthier metabolism and immune systems, promote younger looking and healthier skin, increase blood flow, and increase energy. While green tea itself may not help you lose weight, its use as a substitute for higher-calorie drinks will have your body thanking you! At Purely You Spa, we have fallen in love with PURE Inventions Antioxidant Green Tea which contains no sugar, calories, caffeine, sodium, gluten, stimulants, artificial colors, or artificial sweeteners. Consider swapping your next sugary beverage (or St. Patty’s Day beer) for green tea that your body will crave.
This is the perfect time of year to try our Ageless Beauty Facial – a highly relaxing, anti-aging facial for all skin types that is customized for your skin. Mild and tranquil exfoliating reveals timeless, radiant skin!
And, be sure to celebrate all life’s joys, naturally – including St. Patrick’s Day!
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May a rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the rain fall softly upon your fields. And the sun shine warm upon your face.
It’s February which means it’s almost St. Valentine’s Day! For many, this is a terrific time of year – celebrating our special love! For others, it’s a reminder that we’ve been “unlucky in love.” Whether you fall into one of these two categories or somewhere in between, we all need to nurture at least one relationship in our lives first and foremost…the relationship we have with ourselves. The truth is that there is really only one person you spend every moment of every day with – YOU! So, the question becomes “How are you nurturing your relationship with yourself?”I’m fond of saying “you can’t give what you don’t have” which means that you have to make sure your love account is full before you start withdrawing from it to give to others. I know there are voices in your head saying things like: “Yeah, yeah, yeah…I’ll get on that after I do the 10 loads of laundry, drop the kids off at school, take grandma to the bank, complete that project… I don’t have time.” To many of us, the idea of self-care is foreign. But, it’s critically important and something we need to do as it truly does add to the quality of your life and, therefore, the quality of your relationships with others. What this means is not just taking care of yourself by getting rest when you are tired or going to the doctor/holistic practitioner when ill, but eating well, exercising regularly and scheduling time for whatever your version of “play” is. If you’re daunted by the prospect, here are some ideas for you:
- ·Color with your children or take an art class
- Take yourself (and your dog) for a walk
- Dance while vacuuming OR if you truly want to dance cha cha cha yourself over to this website www.naplesballroom.com. It has a lot of useful information on the places you can go to in Southwest FL to learn how to dance!
- Sing in the shower – everyone can be Pavarotti or Katy Perry in their own shower
- Use cookie cutters to give shape to your sandwiches
- Pamper yourself regularly – taking care of your body on the outside (i.e., spa treatments) helps heal your body on the inside
- Reserve some solo time to deal with emotions – lean into the good, bad and ugly and learn whatever lessons you can
- Watch movies in bed on a rainy/snowy afternoon
- Read a book or magazine for fun or to enrich your body/mind/spirit
- Meet with friends regularly to catch up, share and support each other
- Reserve 10 minutes every morning or night to give thanks for all your blessings – start with one and you’ll soon discover several more
- Take a long bubble bath
- Go cheer your favorite sports team (i.e., the USA at the Winter Olympics)
One of the best things you can learn to do is to be fully present in each moment. This means that when you’re at work, you dive in and get the job done. When you’re at the dinner table, you really listen to your family and enjoy their company while you nourish your body. If you’re out with friends, put down the phone (after taking pictures, of course) and relish the love, support and laughter you are sharing. In this way, your making deposit after deposit into your personal love account so that the next time you need to make a withdrawal, you have more than enough in reserves to keep things in balance, naturally! Happy Valentine’s Day!
We’ve told you before, and in celebration of Labor Day, we’ll tell you again – workplace issues are the leading cause of stress for all Americans, no matter if you are a dog walker, a tight-rope walker, or a professional athlete power walker! The American Institute of Stress warns that side effects can range from poor health in general, to serious medical situations like heart attack and hypertension. In addition, it takes a toll on our sleep patterns, our skin, and the way we act towards those we love – not a pretty picture.
So many times society can lead people to handle stress the wrong way! You could probably imagine what we are talking about.
So, the way we all deal with stress is very important. A healthy natural way is recommended! We will discuss more.
The easiest ways to relieve stress are often just as unhealthy as the burden of the feeling itself – poor eating habits (Did you know that “Stressed” is “Desserts” spelled backwards?), sedentary lifestyle, overindulgent drinking, being complacent with feeling depressed and anxious – no good!
Yes, everyone needs to de-stress in different ways, but we can ALL approach the methods that work best for us in a healthy, holistic, and healing way. The icing on the cake is the simple fact that all of the avenues provided by Purely You Spa feel great, treat the soul, and soothe the mind. Here are just a few of the stress-relieving treatments that we would recommend:
The possibilities to relax and de-stress through massage are virtually endless when you select Purely You Spa as your partner towards perfect escapes. Try our Swedish Relaxation Massage, the Pure Deep Tissue experience, an Upper Body Tension Relief session, or the out-of-this-world Rainforest Hot Stone treatment. If you REALLY feel like the ultimate in a therapeutic escape, try the Four Hands Experience (2 Therapists just for YOU!). Or, a fantastic choice is always our signature Intuitive Massage, where your Specialist takes a thorough assessment of your immediate needs and then delivers an exceptionally customized 60 or 90 minute treatment.
Take a traditional Yoga or Meditation experience one step further with Purely You Spa – because as our name implies, everything we do is customized to YOUR needs, likes, wishes, and health requirements. No experience necessary to get your emotions centered and your blood flowing with this excellent choice in reducing workplace stress.
A practical and proven way to reduce our stress levels (and maybe to help make up for any times you’ve snapped a bit towards a friend or partner due to stress!) is to spend time with those that we love. In addition to our Couples Massage offerings, Purely You Spa can create a custom escape for you and your partner. You want a facial and they want a massage? No problem! So take an hour (or 2, 3, or 4) to relax side-by-side with someone who melts your stress away, and let us take care of all the details.
Reward yourself, reduce tension, and re-awaken natural beauty with our amazing array of Body Treatments. Exfoliate with our Irresistible Body Polish, De-Tox with our Cell-U-Less Slimming Wrap, oxygenate the soul (and the skin!) with a Hungarian Mud Treatment, and scrub away the cares of the day with our Seasonal Organic Body Scrubs. Or, literally strip away stress with our all natural waxing experts – even our Brow Wax includes a mini-massage! Renee Walsh, one of our talented Specialists, always provides the best Body Treatments in town, reserve her now online!
For those of us that crave structure (and love to save), Purely You Spa also offers a Business Membership Program designed to make sure you take time twice a month to conquer stress and create a clear mind. With flexible scheduling, shorter sessions, and relaxation-focused treatments, this is a perfect way to ensure you are taking the right path towards reducing workplace stress. With the Business Membership you can:
Inhale relaxation and exhale stress with our Aromatherapy Stress Relief
- Make up for lost time at the beach by experiencing our All Natural Air Brush Tan
- Help balance your inner health with your outer relaxation through Egyptian Reflexology
- Rejuvenate lackluster skin as you enjoy our Hungarian Facelift Massage
So whether you’ve gone cubicle-crazy, have had it up to here with clients, or perform physical labor that’s left you with aches and pains, make sure you de-stress in ways that actually make you a better total being. In celebration of Labor Day, we’ve created some AMAZING specials this month to assist you in making the right choice. Visit our Specials Page for more info or check your Purely You Spa E-Newsletter for details!
Imagine you are 15 years old and you are a Freshman in high school. You are new and have problematic skin. How does this make you feel? At this age it is imparative that teens feel confident and secure with themself so that they make the appropriate choices that will affect them for the rest of their life.
NAPLES, FL (April 10, 2012) – Purely You Spa announces a 90-day “Kick Acne” Bootcamp for teens, promising clearer skin within three months. Purely You Spa’s “Kick Acne” program includes a seven-day detoxification, nutrition education, skin care analysis and a personalized plan for daily and weekly maintenance, depending on skin type. Participants keep a daily diary and follow a routine for 90 days that promises to boost confidence, improve skin, decrease scarring, stimulate circulation, and increase their overall physical fitness. Teens will experience spa treatments such as Extreme Clean Extractions, Teen Clean Facial, LED Light Therapy, and an Acne Clay Masque.
Before and after pictures will be taken to be reviewed upon graduation and every participant receives a t-shirt. Parental support and oversight is encouraged to ensure long-term success beyond Purely You Spa’s 90 day program. Teens can also log onto a website for tips, nutrition reminders and at home treatments when the program ends.
Purely You Spa is located on the third floor at 3066 Tamiami Trail North.
Go to www.purelyyouspa.com for information about other educational seminars about anti-aging and skin care, nutrition, time management, and choosing organic. Gift certificates are also available for purchase through the website or call 239- 331-8266.
About Purely You Spa
Purely You Spa (License # MM 24637) is an organic spa, offering a wide selection of customized spa treatments that include: facial services, body treatments, waxing services, and Eastern and Western massage services for men and women. Other services include, but are not limited to nails, airbrush make-up services, airbrush tanning, holistic health and yoga. Primarily certified organic products are used or other natural, botanical, or Chinese herbs depending on client’s needs and preferences.
Located in beautiful Naples, Florida, the spa caters to discriminating clients and offers seasonal or year round spa memberships. Purely You Spa is a member of Spa Finders International and is the official provider for the Florida Everblades hockey team.
For more information about appointments, spa memberships, or gift certificates, visit http://www.purelyyouspa.com/
Follow us on
Linked In http://www.linkedin.com/in/PurelyYouSpa